Men who are diagnosed with prostatitis wonder if it is possible to have sex with prostatitis? But before you get an answer, you need to understand what kind of disease it is and what causes it can cause.
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland in men. The most common cause of inflammation is a bacterial infection that has entered the prostate through the urethra. However, sometimes an infection is not enough to affect the inflammation. Prostate disease can be provoked by the following factors:
- work related to constant sitting, hypodynamic lifestyle;
- stool disorders in the form of frequent constipation;
- frequent hypothermia;
- lack of intimacy for a long time or its excessive amount;
- obesity, overeating, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, spicy foods, constant stress;
The prostate is a gland measuring 3 by 4 centimeters and weighing up to 25 grams. It secretes a secretion that has bactericidal action. Therefore, it is believed that inflammation occurs most often with congestion in the body, when its function is impaired and the secretion loses its properties. It is at this point that an infection is associated that worsens the picture. But how to deal with congestion so as not to provoke the development of the disease?
Not so long ago, doctors came to the conclusion that sex can be considered the best medicine you can think of in the treatment of prostatitis and its prevention. Today, experts increasingly agree that prostatitis is possible and necessary to have sex and that it is extremely useful.
During sexual intercourse, with the onset of orgasm, there is an active and strong contraction of the muscles of the prostate. It turns out to be a type of massage that increases blood flow to the gland. And this has a beneficial effect on her condition, eliminates the causes of the disease and shortens the recovery time.
Prostatitis cannot be considered a sexually transmitted disease, as it is a purely male pathology. But if the inflammation is caused by a bacteriological infection, then during intercourse it is worth using a condom so as not to transmit pathogenic microbes to the partner.
In addition, you can not stop having sex during illness. Abstinence from inflammation of the prostate can even be dangerous, as due to stagnation of secretions produced by the gland, complications can develop. In addition, abstinence can cause swelling of the gland and blood clots caused by blood stasis.
When a man has unpleasant symptoms that call into question his masculine strength, he may experience depression. He develops irritability, excessive nervousness, appetite is disturbed, he ceases to feel needed. Also, the man begins to suffer from insomnia, lack of sexual desire.
A woman in such a situation should not stand aside, but be as tactful as possible, help a man and not let him get sick with all his thoughts. Only in this case it is possible to restore harmonious sexual relations.
As there is irrefutable evidence of the beneficial effect of sexual intercourse on the treatment of inflammation of the gland, it is important to do it properly without harming the body. Therefore, one should not rush to extremes. Everything should be in moderation. Having sex during treatment should not be raised to the rank of a priority. Nevertheless, the main treatment should be medication, and this method should play a supporting role.
To get rid of the disease effectively, you need to listen to the recommendations:
- First, sex with prostatitis should be regular. The problem cannot be solved if you have intimacy only 1 or 2 times a month. But even daily "procedures" can provoke an exacerbation of the disease. According to doctors, the golden mean is important in this regard, depending on the age of the man and his health. The average frequency of sexual intercourse applicable to all ages is 2-3 timesOral sex, in order not to bring a new infection to yourself or your partner, is possible only with a condom.
- Second, during the treatment of prostatitis, the change of sexual partners is prohibited, as the body is weakened and the likelihood of a new infection increases due to the possible entry of new microflora into the reproductive system. It may contain pathogens for which antibodies have not yet been made, and because the inflammation is already present, it can be dangerous.
- Third, those who do not have a permanent partner for intimacy, or those who do not have one at all (unmarried men), are advised not to enter into casual relationships and not to wait for stagnation, which can lead to disease. The only way out of this situation is masturbation. Although this method is considered reprehensible in society for unknown reasons, it is able to rid the gland of stagnation. Masturbation also helps to disperse stagnant blood in the pelvic organs, and the gland, thanks to this procedure, receives the necessary massage. But, as with the frequency of sexual intercourse, masturbation should not be overdone. The normal mode of self-satisfaction is 2-3 times a week.
- Fourth, the practice of interrupted coitus should be avoided, as they contribute to the slow flow of blood from the male genitals, resulting in rupture of small capillaries in the penis and blood thickening in the prostate.
Acute prostatitis and sex
In acute prostatitis, the man experiences severe pain in the lower abdomen, as well as pain that radiates to the genitals and perineum. At the same time, body temperature can rise to 39 degrees, and in severe cases even higher.
The pain is pursued not only when emptying the bladder, but also at rest. Therefore, in such a situation, the patient is unlikely to want intimacy.
But if you organize competent treatment, after a few days the patient may feel better. Only then is it recommended to relieve stagnation, treat prostatitis with sex.
Additional treatment measures
In addition to regular sex, it is recommended to use an authorized set of exercises (you will not have to pull the "iron" in the gym) to prevent congestion in the prostate:
- It is easy to perform this exercise anywhere: at work, in transport, driving, lying in bed at home, etc. To do this, you need to take a deep breath and inflate your stomach. After holding your breath for 10-12 seconds, exhale (through the stomach). In this case it is necessary to attract the stomach as much as possible, so that it seems to "reach" the spine. You need to repeat 3 to 7 times. During the day you need to do 3 sets.
- Like the first, the exercise does not require a special place and can be done in any position: sitting, lying or standing. Its essence lies in the fact that you need to strongly retract the anus and stay in this position for 7-10 seconds. This should be done three times, and during the day - several approaches.
- Next exercise: stand up, move your weight to your left leg and rotate your right leg back and forth. Start with 40 swings and continue to 100. Do the same with the left foot. It is also recommended to perform the exercise 3 times a day.
- While standing, lean successively left and right, up to 30 times in one direction.
- This exercise is very important as it stretches the adductor muscles of the hip joint. You need to make a straight split, do not forget to insure yourself with your hands and spread your legs apart to the maximum distance. You do not need to sit on the floor. The main thing at the lowest possible point is to fix for 20-30 seconds. Each time you should try to spread your legs wider.
- Sitting on the floor with your legs outstretched, step your buttocks forward and then backward. Each ass should step 30 to 50 times.
- Lie on your back, lift your pelvis, bend your spine, rest your head on the floor. Fix in this position for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- This exercise has been known to everyone since kindergarten and is called "boat". To perform it, you need to lie on your stomach and put your hands behind your head. Bend your back while lifting straight legs and chest so that the supportremain only on the abdomen. You need to stay in this position until the moment of fatigue. Repeat 3 times.
- Lie on your stomach on the ball. Rotate the ball for 5 minutes, adjusting the pressure of the body on it with your hands.
- Sitting on the floor with straight legs, try to reach your feet with your hands. If possible, grab your fingers. Hold this position for 10 seconds. You need to spend 3-5 minutes a day for this exercise.
- Exercise from school years - "birch". Supporting your lower back with your hands and resting your head on the floor, lift your legs up. Hold for a few seconds (with increased pressure this exercise can not be done).
- The last exercise will be a deep squat, with legs spread shoulder-width apart. Squats should be done slowly, the number should be from 5 to 7.
For the prevention of prostatitis, especially in men at risk (office workers with sedentary work, as well as those who work in cold or humid environments and are exposed to hypothermia, long-distance drivers, etc. ), it is recommended to follow some rules:
- For a man of any age, physical activity is very important. A visit to the gym is not mandatory, but it is recommended. If you have a sedentary job, then you should take time every day for walking or jogging. This will improve blood circulation in the pelvis and reduce the likelihood of stagnation;
- as mentioned above, sex plays an important role in the prevention and treatment of the disease. Important regular measured sexual intercourse without perversions and excesses;
- it is necessary to eat foods that are good for the body as a whole and for the prostate. The diet should include: fish and meat (low-fat varieties), vegetables and fruits, dairy products, compotes, juices and honey, as well as various seafood. You should refuse or limit the use of alcohol, carbonated beverages, onions and garlic, peppers and mushrooms.
- Hypothermia is also a factor that provokes the development of inflammation of the prostate, which should be avoided. Avoid exposure to drafts and wear warm clothes;
- stress and overload cause a decrease in immunity and as a result reduce the body's defenses. It is necessary to take care of good sleep and avoid nervous situations;
- contrasting shower has a good, invigorating effect. This procedure improves immunity and improves blood circulation;
- regular visits to a urologist can detect the disease in its early stages. It is much easier to treat a disease that is just beginning than an already developed pathology. If a man has previously been diagnosed with prostatitis, then it is recommended to come for a second examination every 3 months during the first year. In the following years, it is enough to visit a urologist once every six months.
Thus, prevention is an important condition for keeping men's health in shape. An important condition for prevention is regular sexual life. According to statistics, men who have sex at least twice a week (with a regular partner) get prostatitis 60% less often.